This came about as Simon & I were out to dinner Wednesday nite at our favorite Lebanese place-and I remarked, it's a pity (only partially..) that more people don't know about this place-the food/service are incredible! And, thus we started talking about a few of our favorite things in London. It's been a while since I've done a post of this nature. But, without further ado-and in no particular order...
- Fontana Lebanese-I'm sure there are cooler, hip-er places in town (some with belly dancers)...but for great food, and great service, this place rates as one of my favorite
- Monmouth Coffee-I've probably talked about this place at least 23,000 on my blog so far-but it bears repeating. Best. Coffee. In. London.
- Hyde Park-OK. I realize this is like stating the obvious to mention Hyde Park...but, the next time you're in Hyde Park, take a loaf of bread along and go find 'Round Pond.' You will not be disappointed.
- Monsoon-Clothing shop. I can count on 2 hands the number of clothing items I've bought in the UK in 3.5 years; UK clothing isn't my 'style', and I simply refuese to pay £30 for a t-shirt that will cost me $15 in the US. Never mind the psychological warfare that the UK sizing plays on you when looking for the US-size equivalent. If you're stressed over your size to begin with, the UK isn't the place to be! Enter Monsoon: for me *personally*, it's clothing that's my style-and their sizing is so generous, I find that my UK size is usually my US size-or sometimes even smaller. yea.
- My Local Kebab Shop-I haven't a clue what it's called, and it's not even on Google maps. But, after a few pints while out and not arriving home until 10pm on a school nite, nothing but nothing tastes better than their chicken schwarma and chips-with tons of garlic mayonnaise and chili sauce. Yes, it probably contains 1000 calories-and god only knows what the 'chicken' actually is...but once every now & then is surely alright!
- Heathrow Express-15 minutes from Paddington station to Heathrow Airport-and as we live so close to Paddington, we practially live *in* Paddington-means we can be from door to door in under 30 minutes. I've never lived anywhere in which this were possible. Amazing.