Friday, March 28, 2008

My First Paycheck

Oh, I'm po' (That's poorer than poor for all of y'all not familiar with this southern slang).

I was temporarily excited by my first paycheck I received yesterday-because the after tax part wasn't that bad. Not great, but not bad... until I realized that it's my only income in UK for this 'tax year' (their year ends on March 31. Go figure..). So, the UK 'IRS' thinks I earn the lowest tax bracket amount. Sadly, it's not true, so the next paycheck will have even MORE tax withheld as we start the new tax year.

Double the expense of living here, and my takehome pay will (at best) equal what I took home in Seattle.

Shite. Anyone know any rich Barons, Dukes, Princes, or something similar I can marry. Sir Paul (Macca to the Brits) is single now, but he's a bit too old for me...

1 comment:

  1. This is EXACTLY what happened to met his year. New US Expat and I started working in March and WOW, was that a nice paycheck. Blast from the past for you:) 2013 now. :)

    ReplyDelete